JOIN THE COALITION
The Alberta Rural Connectivity Coalition advocates for universal access to high-speed internet at an affordable price for all Albertans, including those living in rural, remote, First Nations and Metis Settlements communities.
We welcome public groups, not-for-profits, academics and individuals to join the Alberta Rural Connectivity Coalition. By joining, members must commit to supporting the following statement:
“Access to a high-speed internet connection at affordable rates is a basic right for all Albertans. All levels of government must take immediate steps to ensure that those Albertans without access to a high-speed internet connection, including those in rural, remote, First Nations communities and Metis Settlements, are connected to a modern internet connection at an affordable rate.”
ALBERTA RURAL CONNECTIVITY COALITION MEMBERS
- Michael B. McNally, Associate Professor, School of Library and Information Studies, Faculty of Education, University of Alberta
- Barb Carra, President and CEO, Cybera Inc.
- Dr. Rob McMahon, Associate Professor, Media & Technology Studies Unit and the Department of Political Science, University of Alberta
- Edward Lipin, Director of Technology, Medicine Hat Public School District
- Cole Nelson, Rocky View County, Business Development Manager
- Ross Plattel, Remote Technology, University of Calgary
- Ula Shirt, Communications Specialist, Piikani Youth & Education Foundation
- Jodi Arrowsmith, Network Analyst, Northern Lights Library
- Deborah Juch, Director of Community Services, City of Lacombe
- Lea Beeken, Manager, Edmonton Public Schools
- John Andersen, Marketing & Economic Development, Town of Mayerthorpe
- Kristina Kowalski, Councillor Div 2, Parkland County
Stay in the Know
Subscribe to the Alberta Rural Connectivity Coalition newsletter!