JOIN THE COALITION
The Alberta Rural Connectivity Coalition advocates for universal access to high-speed internet at an affordable price for all Albertans, including those living in rural, remote, First Nations and Metis Settlements communities.
We welcome public groups, not-for-profits, academics and individuals to join the Alberta Rural Connectivity Coalition. By joining, members must commit to supporting the following statement:
“Access to a high-speed internet connection at affordable rates is a basic right for all Albertans. All levels of government must take immediate steps to ensure that those Albertans without access to a high-speed internet connection, including those in rural, remote, First Nations communities and Metis Settlements, are connected to a modern internet connection at an affordable rate.”
JOIN OUR COMMITTEES
The Alberta Rural Connectivity Coalition (ARCC) is inviting individuals with experience and interest in rural connectivity and broadband issues to apply to join our Planning and/or Policy committees.
The Policy committee identifies and builds the ARCC's advocacy efforts, including responding to government consultations that impact the digital divide.
The Planning committee supports the organization of the Alberta Rural Connectivity Forum, as well as other learning sessions, including webinars, panels, and round tables highlighting connectivity funding and technology opportunities.
Interested individuals are asked to complete this expression of interest form:
ALBERTA RURAL CONNECTIVITY COALITION MEMBERS
- Michael B. McNally, Associate Professor, School of Library and Information Studies, Faculty of Education, University of Alberta
- Barb Carra, President and CEO, Cybera Inc.
- Dr. Rob McMahon, Associate Professor, Media & Technology Studies Unit and the Department of Political Science, University of Alberta
- Edward Lipin, Director of Technology, Medicine Hat Public School District
- Cole Nelson, Rocky View County, Business Development Manager
- Ross Plattel, Remote Technology, University of Calgary
- Ula Shirt, Communications Specialist, Piikani Youth & Education Foundation
- Jodi Arrowsmith, Network Analyst, Northern Lights Library
- Deborah Juch, Director of Community Services, City of Lacombe
- Lea Beeken, Manager, Edmonton Public Schools
- John Andersen, Marketing & Economic Development, Town of Mayerthorpe
- Kristina Kowalski, Councillor Div 2, Parkland County
- Mary Modayil, Scientist, Alberta Health Services
- Wanda Laurin, Chairperson, Alberta Food Matters
Stay in the Know
Subscribe to the Alberta Rural Connectivity Coalition newsletter!