The Alberta Rural Connectivity Coalition is pleased to announce its 2nd annual Alberta Rural Connectivity Forum, taking place in Sylvan Lake, Alberta, May 17-18, with a welcome reception the evening of May 16.
The Alberta Rural Connectivity Forum is a gathering of community leaders, technology providers, and broadband and digital inclusion advocates. The goal of this two-day event is to discuss policy, regulatory and technical barriers that exist to broadband deployment, and how to bridge them.
Canadians rely on the internet to work, learn, and play. But in rural Alberta, only 37% of households have access to an internet connection that meets the federal government’s basic service speed of 50 Mbps download / 10 Mbps upload.
The Alberta Rural Connectivity Coalition is a unified voice for these under-connected Albertans.
Made up of representatives from communities, businesses, non-profits, and educators, the coalition provides a forum for shared technical solutions, as well as policy recommendations for federal, provincial and municipal governments.
Our goal is to connect all Albertans to the tools and technology they need to live in the 21st Century!
ALBERTA RURAL CONNECTIVITY COALITION MEMBERS
- Michael B. McNally, Associate Professor, School of Library and Information Studies, Faculty of Education, University of Alberta
- Barb Carra, President and CEO, Cybera Inc.
- Dr. Rob McMahon, Associate Professor, Media & Technology Studies Unit and the Department of Political Science, University of Alberta
- Edward Lipin, Director of Technology, Medicine Hat Public School District
- Cole Nelson, Rocky View County, Business Development Manager
- Ross Plattel, Remote Technology, University of Calgary
- Ula Shirt, Communications Specialist, Piikani Youth & Education Foundation
- Jodi Arrowsmith, Network Analyst, Northern Lights Library
- Deborah Juch, Director of Community Services, City of Lacombe
- Lea Beeken, Manager, Edmonton Public Schools
- John Andersen, Marketing & Economic Development, Town of Mayerthorpe
- Kristina Kowalski, Councillor Div 2, Parkland County
Stay in the Know
Subscribe to the Alberta Rural Connectivity Coalition newsletter!